Thermodynamics here we come.
Heat transfer is a hot topic, indeed.
Explore how the use of thermometers led not only to the discovery of invisible light (infrared) but also to quantum mechanics!
Includes a 40-page book & materials.
- Heat, temperature & the hidden universe
- Point and measure temperature from floor to ceiling with an infrared thermometer
- Explore changes in state and record freezing and boiling points
- Capture your thermal thumbprint
- Measure the rising temperature of an oozing, snaking exothermic reaction
- Make your own heat pack
- Expand and contract and repair with heat
- Radiate, convect & conduct heat
- Learn about absolute zero
- Explore Herschel’s experiment with thermometers and the discovery of infrared light
- Measure black-body radiation and prepare to stumble into the ultraviolet catastrophe