Get the MECHANICS:
Gears & Worm Drives set and learn how Gears can easily reduce or increase speed, change force or transfer motion from one position to another. Discover how Worm drives are used to greatly reduce rotational speed and how screws can convert rotational motion to linear, while greatly increasing force.
Engino Build 12 working models such as
An experimental crane
A gearbox a carousel,
A screw press
A crane with a rotating arm
You can find easy-to-follow building instructions for all models either online or in the booklet included. The booklet provides detailed explanations of the different scientific principles applied and incorporates innovative experimental activities for hands-on learning. A Quiz section is also available to challenge your newly acquired knowledge!
Conduct thorough experiments and discover:
- How the gear’s diameter affects force and speed
- How to calculate gear ratio, even for complex assemblies
- How to use gears to change the direction and plane of motion
- How to calculate the mechanical advantage of a screw
- What a worm drive is and how to use a ratchet mechanism.
- 46-page booklet with theory, experimental activities, quiz and building instructions
- Full color images, drawings and interesting facts.
- Thought provoking building challenges and exercises.
- Provision to write, note results and draw conclusions.
- Various gears of high precision for changing speed
- 12 working models to build